Too expensive

Support and advice for PluralEyes, all versions
Forum rules
As part of the transition of Singular Software's products to Red Giant, the forums on this site have been closed to further postings. To continue to have a place to go for user-to-user discussions about PluralEyes, DualEyes and Presto please visit the Red Giant forums at:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/company/forums/

For technical support, please visit the Red Giant technical support site:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/

Thanks for your participation here, and we look forward to continuing the discussion in other venues.

Too expensive

Postby ncvideographer on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 pm

This is a nice product but I feel it is too expensive.
ncvideographer

Re: Too expensive

Postby admin on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:05 am

That's a judgment you'll have to make for yourself of course. If you get paid to do video production then you have a good idea what your time is worth. Most people find that since PluralEyes can shave hours off the production schedule it pays for itself on the first project where it is used.
admin
Site Admin

Postby musicvid on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Most people find that since PluralEyes can shave hours off the production schedule it pays for itself on the first project where it is used.

I'll second that opinion. What used to take two days can be done (and better) in half a day or less.
musicvid

Postby ncvideographer on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:01 pm

musicvid wrote:
Most people find that since PluralEyes can shave hours off the production schedule it pays for itself on the first project where it is used.

I'll second that opinion. What used to take two days can be done (and better) in half a day or less.

It is just my humble opinion....
ncvideographer

Postby kendo on Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 am

I can only say that what i paid for PluralEyes was one of the best purchases I've made in my video career . Of course speaking for myself, the quality of the final result after PE does its thing is much, much better than any manual effort.

It’s taken me a career of almost 40 years to learn that you have to values your time. The time PE saves has paid for itself after probably the first use. To me, it’s a no brainer.

If you do more than 1 multi-cam shoot, well you do the math. What’s your time worth? What about the quality of the product you deliver to the customer (manual vs. PE sync) Are all your manual tracks spot on? Are you sure?

Plus, Singular Software support is excellent. Clearly I’m an advocate, and trust me, I don’t advocate much

Ken Robinson
kendo

Postby praxisseizure on Mon May 16, 2011 8:44 am

When you're presented with a rush job with separate audio on a fracken weekend and you don't have an assistant lined up that minute to sync your dailies, this software is simply absolutely necessary. If this software didn't exist, I'd have laughed that client out of the room and forgone the great rush payrate.

Similar time saving programs cost $500 such as Automatic Duck which actually do *less* useful things.
Based on that, Pluraleyes is really cheap. If any of you have had to sync more than 2 cameras all with separate audio, even on a regular day, the value inherent in this software is as evident as the sun breaching the horizon. And that's despite the flaws and minor clean-up you have to do to the sync'd sequences.

When the DSLR fad is over, that will change and pluraleyes will fall back into its non-genlocked multicam niche. They're already incorporating DSLR into traditional camcorder bodies on the super cheap. People are demanding it with the DSLR craze and companies are falling all over themselves to come up with competition.

Also, awesome tech support on a Saturday from the CEO himself? You can't get that kind of service anymore from anyone. Too expensive. ::laughs::

Cheers Bruce
praxisseizure

Postby ncvideographer on Mon May 16, 2011 9:49 am

When it gets flawless it may be worth the price TO ME.
ncvideographer

Postby elRafa on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 pm

ncvideographer wrote:When it gets flawless it may be worth the price TO ME.

Ok, obviously you feel there is some flaw in the software... Why don't you focus on that instead of the price? What do you feel is wrong with PluralEyes?
elRafa

Postby mathewlisett on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm

I havent seen a single post yet that has the OP defend WHY they feel this way.
mathewlisett

Return to General Topics