Adobe Media Encoder Stop working

Topics for PluralEyes for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and CS5
Forum rules
As part of the transition of Singular Software's products to Red Giant, the forums on this site have been closed to further postings. To continue to have a place to go for user-to-user discussions about PluralEyes, DualEyes and Presto please visit the Red Giant forums at:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/company/forums/

For technical support, please visit the Red Giant technical support site:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/

Thanks for your participation here, and we look forward to continuing the discussion in other venues.

Adobe Media Encoder Stop working

Postby rictolo on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi,

I just try Plural eyes Beta set up 3279 with Premiere PRO CS5.
the first time after lauching sync , a message asked me if I wanted to use ffdshow.I answer no.
At the last clip ( the third one ), a message warn me about the needing of Adobe media encoder for plural eyes.
At this moment , AME try to lunch but it chrash.
In the dialogue box I can read: A third party component threw an the exception:External component has thrown an exception...
Any solution?

Ric.
rictolo

Re: Adobe Media Encoder Stop working

Postby admin on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Please send us the project and log files as described on the page below and we'll investigate. It would help if you copy your message or put a link to it so we know what the files are related to.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/submit.html

Thanks,
Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Postby mpheadley on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 am

I'm having the same problem. Wanted to try this program out but I'm not getting anywhere. I knew I had to update AME, did that, and still crashes Adobe Media Encoder. I'm giving up for now. I think my system is hanging so I might have to push the reset button so I don't know what info I can dig up to send to you. Do you have any general recommendations? Otherwise I'll try this out again someday when I get CS5.
mpheadley

Postby mpheadley on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Got Plural Eyes to work, almost:

Either the updates or the original install of Plural Eyes took out the ability for Media Encoder to even work through Premiere! I managed to fix it by deleting a file called Watch Folder Info.xml in documents and settings in windows xp and under C:\USER in Windows 7 or vista apparently. Just google that file or do a search for it in your OS. Apparently AME creates a new version of that file when it starts up again? I also updated Quicktime as I saw that in another forum on the web. Don't know if that helped, but it can't hurt!

And now I'm in another forum because the XML that Plural Eyes creates crashes Premiere when I try to import it. UGH!
mpheadley

Postby mpheadley on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but I have a blackmagic intensity pro card.
mpheadley

Postby rictolo on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Ok that's true, there is a file that you must get rid of , if AME crash...Now it ok, it doesn't crash but It's take a long long time to analyse file, and it never ends...( I have Premiere Pro CS 5).
rictolo

Postby KimLam on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:52 am

I found that un-updated version of AME/Premeire CS5 had problems with certain file types. In my case .mpg files. Found this out while in a 24 hour film race. Updating Premeire fixed it for me, though this was after the race was over.
KimLam

Postby admin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:38 am

We have had reports that Adobe Media Encoder sometimes won't start after PluralEyes has run. A solution for this is described here:

http://www.singularsoftware.com/trouble ... g.html#AME

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Postby rictolo on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Yes it works, AME works but , plural Eyes doesn't...first the progression bar doesn't works et the work never ends for me..I'll try once again and try to let you know.
rictolo

Return to Premiere Pro