CS5.51 Mac Pro Res LT Pluraleyes/Matrox Mini don't mix well

Topics for PluralEyes for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and CS5
Forum rules
As part of the transition of Singular Software's products to Red Giant, the forums on this site have been closed to further postings. To continue to have a place to go for user-to-user discussions about PluralEyes, DualEyes and Presto please visit the Red Giant forums at:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/company/forums/

For technical support, please visit the Red Giant technical support site:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/

Thanks for your participation here, and we look forward to continuing the discussion in other venues.

CS5.51 Mac Pro Res LT Pluraleyes/Matrox Mini don't mix well

Postby greytail on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:29 am

Hi:
I am finding that if I use Pluraleyes for Premier, it synchs the clips, BUT presents a sequence setting that is different to the one I started with! Let me explain: I am trying to switch over from FCP to Premier and my work flow is always to convert my H264 Canon clips to Pro Res LT 422 ( I do this just in case I have to go back to FCP). I bring these Pro Res clips into Premier and set them up on a Matrox timeline (the Matrox MX02 software comes with sequence settings in Premier). In my particular case I chose 1920 x 1080 29.97. Then I export the XML from these sequence and start up Pluraleyes. When I import the synch sequence back into Premier the clips are synched, but the sequence setting has been changed to Sony XDCAM HD 1080i !!!! Now my stuff is all progressive. How did it get from here to there?

My work around so far has been to copy all the clips in the sequence, then paste into a new Matrox sequence. Ah, that's the answer I thought but no. Premier locks up, so only after restarting Premier do I get the correct sequence setting, the correct synch and decent playback without too many dropped frames!

I wonder who might have a set up like mine where I am feeding an HDMi Sony monitor in order to do color correction
greytail

Return to Premiere Pro