off sync by 2-3 frames (you're kidding right?)

Support and advice for PluralEyes, all versions
Forum rules
As part of the transition of Singular Software's products to Red Giant, the forums on this site have been closed to further postings. To continue to have a place to go for user-to-user discussions about PluralEyes, DualEyes and Presto please visit the Red Giant forums at:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/company/forums/

For technical support, please visit the Red Giant technical support site:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/

Thanks for your participation here, and we look forward to continuing the discussion in other venues.

off sync by 2-3 frames (you're kidding right?)

Postby lou4uandme on Wed May 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi all,
Ok, I thought I would give this software a try. It "sounds"interesting. I mean, after all, a program that lines up the audio so I don't have to, wow great. Not having to slide the audio back & forth 2 or 3 frames to line up the clapper......... Oh, wait...I am still doing it!

I took a single clip (video & audio) and place an additional secondary audio clip on the timeline. This would be the basic & easiest project for pluraleyes to try. I tried it 3 times and got the same results. It is off by 3 frames.
If I have to move it 1 frame, then this program is worth nothing to me. I had to export an xml, open pluraeyes, make it sync, import the sequence, MOVE IT OVER 3 FRAMES. I could sync it up just as fast manually and save money.

So, am I doing something wrong or does this program need about another 5 years of research & developing?
For now, they should call it. "Pluraleyes....we get you pretty close to where you want to be"
lou4uandme

Re: off sync by 2-3 frames (you're kidding right?)

Postby admin on Thu May 19, 2011 10:42 am

Which camera are you using? The Canon 7D records video and audio with a sync offset of 2-3 frames. PluralEyes will sync the audio to the exact frame, but the video will retain its original timing with respect to the audio.

If you are using Final Cut Pro and the sync offset varies across the duration of the clip, the cause is almost certainly an FCP setup issue as described here.

PluralEyes is frame accurate under a very wide range of conditions. If what you are seeing is different from the above, we would be very interested in looking into it. Send us the project and log files as described here and we'll investigate. Please copy or link to this forum post so we know what it's about.

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Postby lou4uandme on Thu May 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi again,
Ok the footage is from the 5D.(h264)
My workflow has been:
1. Place 25 clips on timeline.
2. placed 30 to 40 audio clips below
3. exported as Xml (as tutorial shows)
4 run Pluraleyes (nothing selected) also tried (first check box)
5. waited about an hour to finish

My results are always 4 or 5 clips get sync and the rest are not.
When they do get synced, they're off.

At this point, I don't even care about them being off anymore, I just want them to line up my clips.
What am I doing wrong?
I mean, If I have to locate the correct 25 audio clips and place them below the videos, I feel I did 50% of the work.
For this program to be any use to me, I would need it to batch match. Basically, throw 50 clips on a timeline and let pluraleyes figure it out.

I had 250 clips to sync up today. I manual synced 110 and Pluraleyes synced 12 so far.
Also, In the time I manually synced a dozen clips, Pluraleyes was at 20 % progress point.

What am I doing wrong?
lou4uandme

Postby admin on Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 pm

There's nothing wrong with the workflow you describe. You could try the sync option Level Audio. But I suggest you send us the project and log files as described here so we can make more specific suggestions. Please include a link to this forum post so we know what it's about.

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Postby lou4uandme on Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 am

Well the project would be huge (if needed the h624 files) and I really don't have the time to mess around with an upload package. (although thankful)
I just realized that I was using 2.1.3 ver and just downloaded 2.17

I want to see if that helped at all,
lou4uandme

Postby admin on Fri May 20, 2011 9:05 am

We are not asking for the media files, just the project and log files, which are normally pretty small. It should just take a minute to attach them to a mail message and we might be able to save you a lot of manual sync time by clearing up a misconception, or whatever.

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Postby lou4uandme on Sun May 22, 2011 11:18 am

Well, I downloaded dual eyes and at least that program works.
Although the render time is insane. I have 20 video clips and 20 wav files and so far, it's taken over 1 hour and it's at 80% done. I could have easily manually synced all 20 clips in 30 mins.

So I am done with this company. I will check back when it's at version 3 or 4.
There is no reason why 20 clips should take over an hour.

IMO, this software is only useful if you can't sync it up manually,
if you load the clips, and then go to sleep and wake up the next day,
or load the clips and go on vacation and when you come back, they're done.

If you are on a time schedule, then manually will be faster.
lou4uandme

Postby admin on Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm pretty sure that if you'd sent us the files we asked for, we could have helped. All the problems you reported are uncommon and should be solvable.

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Postby dmccabe on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Bruce,
You are a very patient person.
D.
dmccabe

Return to General Topics